Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What kind of animals do you live near to?


By animals, I mean the furry kind... not some of the inhuman and rude homo sapiens that we unfortunately have to house on this earth.

Have you taken note of the kinds of animals that surrounds you?

I'm lucky in the sense that I get to live within close vicinity of the following exotic creatures....


Geese....


















Llamas....



Monkeys....




















And even lion and lionesses....



Am I lucky or what?!

By this point, some of you may think that I'm living in the jungle and was playing the role of Jane and Esmo being the Tarzan, swinging from trees to trees via vines....

Nope, we live in a Southern suburb in Brisbane and we are not living in caves / up on trees.

The exotic animals are part of the Lennon Brothers Travelling Circus... They travel to different locations throughout the year and it's now South Brisbane's turn.











They were here for about 5 weeks and their last day here was 28 October 2007. Tickets to the circus were $30 bucks per adult for ring side seats.

But we DO get to see cattles everyday and they live approximately 1.5km away from us. (Seriously!!!) There's a farm near our housing estate. Historically, where we live used to be are all plantations. But as more people flock to Brisbane and real estate prices sky rocketed, land owners cashed out and turned into millionaires....



We also have some magpies hanging around our house. If it starts singing and you whistle back, it will "talk" to you and sing. One day, one of them was brave enough to hop to me in my front yard, looking if I've got food for it.














Nice...

I like it.... Their existence somehow make the surroundings livelier and more interesting....


Thanks for the company....

No comments: