Sunday, August 13, 2006

Licensed to Drive....

9 Aug 2006, Wed - Guess what? After two attempts at the written road rules test, I've got my Queensland Driving License! haha... No more problems in proving my Queensland residency! Yeah!

FYI, there's no such thing as an identity card here in Australia. (The government is fighting to have it implemented but the residents are not very keen on the idea as they fear that the "gahmen" will peep in on them every now and then). So, for an adult, the only way to prove that you are a resident is via a driving license or a staff pass (given by your employer, but not every employer has this photo-id tag giving habit). So prior to today, I'm still considered a "visitor".

Fortunately for my Singaporean driving license, I didn't have to take the practical driving test. I just need to pass the theory. (Thank God!)

Now, I'm licensed to drive in 3 countries! haha....

p/s: Sorry, not posting any photos of my licenses for fear of potential identity theft. Apparently, it's quite a common thing here in Aussie-land. There's a woman who stole multiple women's identity and their bank cards. She managed to have financial institution issue her some credit cards based on her fake identity, on the pretext of losing her cards. This allowed her to "luk" card on her shopping spree... Thank goodnes, she has been apprehended.

2 comments:

Rubber said...

Congratz... is it as easy as M'sia undang undang? Cover both eyes, use your leg to write also can ace it. Yeah... i got 49/50.

Esmo & Rach said...

Unfortunately no... they've got a really thick book for you to study. The killer is the "Give Way" rules. I got 30/30 on my second attempt! haha..